Tottenham’s South Korean forward Son Heung-Min did not travel with the team to France for their Europa League Conference game against Rennes on Thursday.
The 29-year-old also missed the league defeat to Crystal Palace over the weekend due to a calf injury he picked up while on international duty.
Tottenham manager Nuno Espirito Santo is also without Davinson Sanchez, Giovanni Lo Celso and Cristian Romero who are all still isolating in Croatia after traveling to Argentina, which is a red listed country in the UK.
Defender Eric Dier was also substituted early in the first half against Crystal Palace and is a doubt for the game in France.
"I cannot say. They are improving, day by day they are better, but alongside the South American players, we still have to assess," Nuno told the press ahead of the game.
"[Steven] Bergwijn is better, he travelled with us, he trained yesterday and today, he is much better."
Tottenham will hope to return to winning ways to build momentum ahead of the London derby against Chelsea on Sunday.
Five facts about Rennes v Tottenham at a glance
- This is the first meeting between Tottenham and Rennes in a European competition.
- Rennes have already faced two London clubs - Chelsea and Arsenal - in European competitions.
- Rennes speedy winger Jeremy Doku will miss the game due to a hamstring injury.
- Tottenham defender Japhet Tanganga, who was sent off against Crystal Palace, travelled with the team as his domestic suspension does not apply in this competition.
- Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, who hasn’t played this season, is likely to get his first minutes in this game.
Rennes possible starting lineup:
Salin; Traore, Aguerd, Bade, Truffert; Santamaria, Bourigeaud, Tait; Laborde, Guirassy, Sulemana
Tottenham Hotspur possible starting lineup:
Gollini; Doherty, Rodon, Tanganga, Davies; Skipp, Ndombele, Winks; Clarke, Lucas, Gil