PC David Carrick: Met Police officer who guarded Boris Johnson charged with six new rape offences

Firearms officer PC David Carrick had already been charged over the rape of a woman in a hotel room, and now prosecutors have announced nine new charges relating to four more women.

A Met Police firearms officer who has guarded the prime minister and is already facing a string of rape and sex assault accusations has been charged with another nine offences.

In total, PC David Carrick is facing 29 charges against eight women, which includes 13 counts of rape and other sexual offences.

Then last November, Carrick faced a further 13 accusations after three more alleged victims came forward.

On Monday, prosecutors announced the cop was charged with another six counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, one assault by penetration and one of coercive and controlling behaviour.

These fresh charges relate to four women and are alleged to have taken place between 2009 and 2018.

The latest accusations are on top of 20 offences Carrick was charged with previously against four separate women, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

In total, the defendant is now charged with 29 offences against eight women between 2009 and 2020, including 13 counts of rape, five counts of sexual assault and three counts of assault by penetration.

He also faces three counts of coercive and controlling behaviour, two counts of false imprisonment, one count of attempted rape, one count of attempted sexual assault by penetration; and one count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.

Carrick is based within the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command, the armed unit stationed in Westminster, and is responsible for the protection of sensitive sites such as Downing Street.

Peter Burt, senior district crown prosecutor for CPS Thames and Chiltern, said: “Following an ongoing investigation by Hertfordshire Constabulary, with continued support from the CPS, we have now charged David Carrick with a total of 29 alleged offences against eight women.

“We remind all concerned that criminal proceedings against the defendant are active and that he has a right to a fair trial.

“It is extremely important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.”

Carrick is due to make his first court appearance over the new charges at Westminster Magistrates’ Court via videolink later this week.

He will also appear at St Albans Crown Court later this month.

In November, he was remanded in custody after his first appearance at St Albans Magistrates’ Court for the initial charges.