Harry Pitman stabbing: Further arrests in Primrose Hill New Year's Eve murder investigation
Two further arrests have been made in the murder investigation launched after Harry Pitman was killed on Primrose Hill on New Year's Eve.
The teenagers, 16 and 17, were arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
A 15-year-old and a 16-year-old previously arrested on suspicion of murder have both been released on bail, as has an 18-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of affray.
Detective Chief Inspector Geoff Grogan, who is leading the investigation, said: “This is a fast-paced investigation, and my team is working around the clock to identify those responsible. This is clearly a significant development, and we are keeping Harry’s family informed.”
Police said that on Sunday evening, Harry had been with a group of friends near the viewing platform on Primrose Hill where they had gathered to watch the New Year fireworks.
Shortly before 11.40pm, police say he was involved in a fight with another male that ended with the stab wound that took his life.
DCI Grogan added: “Our enquiries so far have established that there was no racial or gang element to this incident, it appears to have been a spontaneous fight between two people who didn’t know each other, that quickly escalated to extreme violence.
“Despite having made arrests, I am still very keen to hear from anyone who has footage or information that could assist our investigation, particularly if you can name any of the people in the images.
“I would also like to thank everyone who has come forward so far, the response from the public has been exceptional. Please continue to come forward if you can help.”
If you have information, contact the investigation team direct on 020 8785 8099. You can share information online.
To remain anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.