The lineup for popular Channel 4 show Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins has been revealed, with many of the stars hailing from London.
The show, which will see many famous faces from the UK undergo harsh tasks, fit for any elite soldier, will be a seven-episode series with episodes an hour long.
Series three, the last series, saw three winners for the first time with Alexandra Burke, Aled Davies and Love Island’s Wes Nelson sharing the spoils.
14 celebrities will be heading abroad to endure one of the hardest periods of their lives to date.
Here’s when the show starts, and the full lineup.
When does Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins 2022 start?
The fourth season of the Channel 4 show will air on Sunday, 4 September 2022 at 9pm.
The chosen celebs will head to the Jordanian desert, which is known for its blistering heat.
Are there any celebrities from London taking part in Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins?
Out of the 14 celebrities, three from the capital will be making an appearance on the show.
First up is Pete Wicks. Wicks is mostly known for his time on The Only Way Is Essex but was actually born in Harlow.
He joined the cast of TOWIE in 2015, and has since featured on Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls and also took part on Celebs Go Dating.
Speaking about his upcoming appearance on the show he said: “I’m fortunate to have a very pampered life, so to get the chance to test what you’re truly made of was an opportunity I just couldn’t turn down”.
One of the more athletic participants this year, Chambers has won international medals at World and European events, and is one of the fastest European sprinters in history.
Hailing from Islington, London, the athlete said: “I wanted to take myself out of my comfort zone, but I didn’t know what I’d let myself in for!
“It takes you through a series of lows that make you realise who you are.
“You’re either somebody who crumbles under pressure, or you step up. And every single one of us stepped up. I loved every single bit of it.
“Would I do it again? Hell no! But I’m glad I did it.”
The last of the London celebs taking part is Fatima Whitbread, with the 61-year-old from Stoke-Newington, London.
Another Olympian, she is a javelin thrower who won bronze and silver medals at the games, and received an MBE in 1987.
Aside from that, she also appeared on I’m A Celebrity in 2011 too.
On the show, she said: “As a young woman I was always adventurous and living in a children’s home, I was tough and had a survival instinct, so doing Celebrity SAS Who Dares is really a knock on from those days.
“I’d have liked to have done it as a young Whitbread, but I think I’ve flown the flag for older women!”
Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins full line-up
- Ferne McCann - TOWIE veteran who spent nine series on the show, also finishing third in the 2015 series of I’m A Celebrity.
- Pete Wicks - Another TOWIE star who’s appeared on numerous reality television shows.
- Curtis Pritchard - Professional dancer who appeared on the fourth season of Love Island, coupling up with Amy Hart and Maura Higgins, producing one of the most iconic one liners in the show’s history.
- AJ Pritchard - Curtis’ brother, AJ made his acting debut on Hollyoaks in 2021, and is also a professional dancer, appearing on BBC One show Strictly Come Dancing from 2016 to 2019.
- Jade Jones - Taekwondo athlete and olympic gold medalist, she won Britain’s first gold medal for taekwondo in her category in 2012, receiving an MBE for her services to the sport a year later.
- Jennifer Ellison - An actor who’s probably most known for her role as Emily Shadwick in Brookside. She also starred as Meg Giry in the film adaptation of Phantom of the Opera.
- Jonathan Broom-Edwards - Another athlete, Broom-Edwards is a high jumper, who won his first major international medal nine years ago in 2013, taking home the silver medal from the IPC Athletic World Championship.
- Maisie Smith - Smith is best known for her role as Tiffany Butcher on BBC One show, EastEnders. She also appeared on Strictly Come Dancing in 2020, making the final but losing out to eventual winner Bill Bailey.
- Shannon Courtenay - Making her professional boxing debut in 2019, she has since won the WBA Bantamweight World Title, and is known for being the ‘Baby Face Assassin’.
- Amber Gill - Amber is a former Love Island winner, winning the fifth series alongside Greg O’Shea in 2019.
- Ashley Cain - Former Coventry City footballer Cain shared his journey with us all he lost his daughter, Diamond to leukaemia aged just eight months old.
- Calum Best - Born in San Jose, California, Calum is the only child of football legend George Best and took part in the 15th series of Celebrity Big Brother, finishing third.
- Dwain Chambers - Athlete, regarded as one of the fastest European sprinters in history.
- Fatima Whitbread - Javelin thrower who received an MBE in 1987.
How to watch
You can watch the fourth series of Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins on Channel 4 at 9pm on Sunday, 4 September at 9pm.
If you miss any of the series, you can catch up on All 4, which is free to stream.