Back To Hogwarts 2022 returns to London Kings Cross with Harry Potter and The Cursed Child performance
Harry Potter fans are once again preparing to head Back to Hogwarts - here’s the full magical schedule due to take place at Kings Cross Station.
Another school year begins for many students, including those either starting or returning to the great halls of Hogwarts as they line up on Platform 9 ¾ with wands and robes at hand ready to head Back to Hogwarts.
The four day event kicks off on September 1 and boasts live performances from the West End Cast of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child, and though Hogwarts’ Express had already left the station, there is still plenty of activities, including wand tutorials, for budding members of Dumbledore’s Army.
Here’s everything you need to know about the event.
When does Back to Hogwarts 2022 take place?
Back to Hogwarts takes place from September 1st 2022 from 9am at London Kings’ Cross Station until September 4 2022.
What is Back to Hogwarts 2022?
According to the Wizarding World handbook, September 1 of every year is a special time for wizards as it spells the start of their academic year at Hogwarts Academy - for the rest of us muggles, it’s an opportunity to celebrate the world of Harry Potter before the summer holidays end.
The event, held where else but on Platform 9 ¾ at London Kings’ Cross Station, brings together the Wizarding World fandom as they count down the moment the Hogwarts’ Express leaves the station.
This year, Back to Hogwarts offers fans a chance to sit in the very same carriage as Harry, Ron and Hermoine with the brand-new Hogwarts Express video booth, as passengers are implored to share their content on social media by tagging #BACKTOHOGWARTS.
Special Wand Combat workshops will also take place, led by Wand Choreographer Paul Harris from the Harry Potter film franchise teaching fans how to ward off Death Eaters and perfect their best Defence Against Dark Arts stance.
The cast of the West End production Harry Potter and The Cursed Child will then conduct their very special version of the “wand dance”, as seen in the multi-award-winning stage play.
Visitors to the station will also be able to grab selfies with two, one and a half metre tall, giant-scale book replicas of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone - featuring the original Thomas Taylor cover art.
If all that isn’t enough, the platform will also be home to LEGO® Harry Potter big builds of the Hogwarts Sorting Hat and Mr Weasley’s blue Ford Anglia.
For those who cannot make it to the platform, you’ll still be able to take part in the festivities as Draco Malfoy aka Tom Felton takes to the Wizarding World TikTok account to give a personalised tour of Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – the Making of Harry Potter. .
Fans won’t need the power of divination to find out what else the Wizarding World has to offer throughout the school year either as a special presentation of what’s coming up the universe has in store will screen on Youtube on September 1st.
With news of the upcoming Hogwarts Legacy console game set to be a feature of the live stream, fans can expect some other new school year announcements highlighting some of the exciting things the Wizarding World has in store over the next 12 months.
The full schedule for Back to Hogwarts 2022:
September 1 2022:
- 9:00am - Fans encouraged to arrive to soak up the atmosphere, Hogwarts Express video booth and main consumer space opens
- 10:20am – Main consumer space to temporarily shut for performances and countdown
- 10:30am – Wand training and performances to begin
- 10:45am – Fans to gather for countdown
- 10:59am – Countdown begins
- 11:15am - Wand dance from Harry Potter and The Cursed Child
- 12:00pm – Main consumer space reopens to the public
- Every hour, on the hour and for a duration of 10 mins – Wand choreographer Paul Harris to host wand training classes
- 5:00pm – Back to Hogwarts event closes
- 6:20pm: Wizarding World live stream on Youtube
- 7:00pm: Tom Felton at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – the Making of Harry Potter live stream on TikTok.
September 2 - September 4 2022:
- 9:00am – 5:00pm the main consumer space and Hogwarts Express video booth will be open
- On Saturday 3rd September, Paul Harris hosts wand training classes every hour, on the hour and for a duration of 10 mins