‘Having medical’ - Huge West Ham transfer update provided ahead of Bournemouth trip as fee agreed
West Ham begin their Premier League campaign against Bournemouth tomorrow
and live on Freeview channel 276
The England international is poised to join the London club after a deal worth a reported £30m was agreed with the south coast outfit.
The 28-year-old played the full game and provided an assist as the Saints opened their Championship season with a 2-1 win at Sheffield Wednesday last week.
He was absent from the 3-1 loss to Gillingham in the first round of the Carabao Cup in midweek, meaning he will be able to feature for the Hammers in the competition this term.
Ward-Prowse has played 410 times for the Saints, scoring 55 goals and providing 54 assists. He has also been capped 11 times by England, netting twice for his country.
Moyes said ahead of Saturday’s meeting with Bournemouth: “James Ward-Prowse is having a medical just now. We’ve agreed a fee but it’s not right I speak about him as he’s not yet our player.”
The former Everton manager confirmed the club have had a bid accepted by Manchester United for defender Harry Maguire while an offer from Manchester City for Lucas Paqueta is below the Hammers’ valuation.
He continued: “We’ve had a bit accepted from Manchester United, but while he’s not our player I’m not in position to discuss him, really. We’ve had an offer from Manchester City [for Paqueta], but at the moment it’s not anywhere near meeting our valuation.”
Moyes revealed new arrival Edson Álvarez would not be available for their season opener against the Cherries due to a lack of training.
He said: “We’re really happy to get him through the door. We’ve worked hard all summer and hopefully they’ll be like London buses now. He’s not trained at all since the CONCACAF Gold Cup so he’s not available tomorrow.”