Premier League star arrested over two more rape allegations made by a different woman

The international star - who is due to play for his country at the World Cup - has now been arrested over three separate rape allegations by two different women.

The Premier League footballer who was arrested in north London on Monday on suspicion of rape is now being quizzed over two further allegations.

The international star - in his late 20s - is due to play for his country at the World Cup in Qatar, LondonWorld understands.

He was detained by police at an address in Barnet on Monday morning, after earlier that day a woman, also in her 20s, claimed she had been raped.

Now the Met Police have said the ace - who cannot be named for legal reasons - has been further arrested for two other rape allegations, which have been made by a different woman.

Scotland Yard said: “While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s.

“He has subsequently been released on bail to a date in August.

“Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.”

The initial offence allegedly happened in June 2022.

The player’s club have declined to comment, although the Sun reported that he would not be going on the pre-season tour.

The Sun reported that he was arrested when six cars swooped on a north London address in the early hours of Monday morning.

Do you have a story? Email [email protected]