The Premier League is well underway, with Arsenal so far perfect with five wins from five, and sat top of the league.
One squad that is very different will is Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal, with the Spaniard spending big this summer.
Arsenal have reacted to their 2021/2022 season in big fashion, keen to avoid the heartbreak they endured at the end of the campaign.
So, who have they sold, who have they purchased and what is their overall net spend?
When did the summer transfer window open?
The summer transfer window for Premier League and English Football League (EFL) clubs, as well as those in the Scottish leagues, opened on Friday, 10 June 2022.
When does the summer transfer window close?
Deadline Day is always dramatic, as clubs scramble to make their team strong as it’s months before they can make transfers again.
Clubs in England will have to conclude their business and any transfer activity before the window closes.
The summer transfer window closed Thursday, 1 September 2022 at 11pm.
When does the Premier League start?
The Premier League kicked off on Friday, 5 August 2022 as Arsenal won at Selhurst Park, beating London rivals Crystal Palace 2-0, thanks to an own goal and a Gabriel Martinelli header.
Which players have left Arsenal in the summer transfer window?
By all accounts, Arsenal had a paper thin squad, and the outgoings were very minimal.
Youngster Matteo Guendouzi, who Arsenal fans had great hopes for departed the club, permanently joining the club he spent the previous season at, Marseille.
24-year-old Konstantinos Mavropanos left for Stuttgart, whilst Alexandre Lacazette re-joined Lyon on a free five years after leaving them for the Gunners.
The last outgoing, American Austin Trusty, dropped down to the Championship, as he joined Birmingham on a season long loan.
Here are the full outgoings, including the fee received.
- Matteo Guendouzi: Marseille, £9 million
- Konstantinos Mavropanos: Stuttgart, £3 million
- Alexandre Lacazette: Lyon, Free
- Austin Trusty: Birmingham, Loan
- Lucas Torreira - Galatasaray - £5 million
- Bernd Leno - Fulham - £3 million
- Hector Bellerin - Barcelona - Free
- Nicolas Pepe - OGC Nice - Loan
- Nuno Tavares - Marseille - Loan
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Southampton - Loan
- Pablo Mari - Monzo - Loan
Which players have signed for Arsenal in the transfer window?
As mentioned, Arsenal have been very busy this summer, and recently added to their ranks with the signing of Oleksandr Zinchenko from Manchester City.
They also raided City for Gabriel Jesus for £47.5 million, which finally looks to have solved their striker woes, after Pierre Emerick Aubameyang left in January.
22-year-old creative midfielder Fabio Vieira also joined from Porto, with Arsenal completing their incomings with Marquinhos and Matt Turner.
Here’s their full list of incomings, and fees spent.
- Gabriel Jesus: Manchester City, £47.5 million
- Oleksandr Zinchenko: Manchester City, £31.5 million
- Fabio Vieira: Porto, £31.5 million
- Matt Turner: New England, £5.7 million
- Marquinhos: São Paulo, £3.15 million