Lock, stock and two smoking pubs: Guy Ritchie’s London boozer catches fire twice in six months

Luckily for the Lock Stock film director, firefighters managed to contain it to the balcony.

This shocking footage shows a blaze breaking out at Guy Ritchie’s London pub - for the second time in six months.

Firefighters were called to the Lore of the Land yesterday morning as flames engulfed a balcony at the back of the boozer.

Luckily for the Lock Stock film director, firefighters managed to contain it to the balcony.

The crews were called to the pub in Conway Street in Fitzrovia at around 11.20am today and put the fire out within approximately 40 minutes.

Firefighters were called to Conway Street in Fitzrovia around 11:20am yesterday to deal with the blaze on the balcony at the back of the pub. Credit: SWNS

But witnesses say the back of the pub still appeared to be considerably damaged.

And photos shot by a local resident shows the balcony engulfed in flames whilst fire fighters battled the blaze.

Video footage also shows the balcony smoking continuously after the fire was swiftly put out with thick clouds evaporating into the atmosphere.

Luckily for Ritchie the firefighters managed to contain the fire to the balcony which is thought to be started by a malfunctioning electrical device. Credit: SWNS

Witnesses say the fire wasn’t as serious as the last which destroyed the entire roof of the pub back in June last year.

That initial blaze, which is believed to have started in the kitchen, saw ten fire engines and around 70 firefighters arrive at the scene to tackle the fire.

London Fire and Rescue Service confirmed they attended the latest fire but said further details would be released later today.

Referring to the latest fire, one local resident said: “I heard some pops and thought it was fireworks going on outside, but when I went out to have a look I saw the balcony on fire.

Photos shot by a local resident show the balcony engulfed in flames whilst fire fighters battle the blaze. Credit: SWNS

“My immediate thought was oh god it’s happening again, although after a short while it became clear that this fire wasn’t as bad as the last one.

“Fire fighters arrived around 11:20am and, to my relief, had been on gone by 12:00pm.

“The fire looked like it was started by some sort of electrical device on the balcony, but luckily it seems to have been contained solely to that area.

“I hope that the damage to his pub isn’t too severe.”

The pub and representatives of Ritchie have been contacted for comment.