As the nation enters D-Day +1 after the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the public outpouring of grief and support has been vast across London and the rest of the world.
With a number of foreign leaders already paying their condolences and sharing their experiences during the life of Queen Elizabeth II, floral arrangements have started being laid in Balmoral_Castle">Balmoral, Buckingham Palace and Windsor.
As more of the nation make their way to congregate outside Buckingham Palace to pay their respects to the longest reigning monarch in British history, the Royal Family have announced that books of condolences will be available for people to sign as the nation mourns the loss.
Londonworld has looked and where and when the Books of Condolences are in London for the many who wish to convey their condolences to the Royal Family and the new King of England, King Charles III.
Where are the Books of Condolence in London?
Though through the Royal Family’s official website they’ve announced there will be no physical Book of Condolences at Royal Residencies, the following Boroughs have confirmed the locations of their Books of Condolences; a number of councils will be providing their information shortly.
City of London
- Worcester Cathedral - 8 College Yard, Worcester WR1 2LA
- St George’s Catholic Church - 970 Harrow Rd, Wembley HA0 2QE
- County Hall - Belvedere Rd, London SE1 7GP
- University of Worcester - Campus, St John’s, Worcester WR2 6AJ
- Worcester Hospital - Charles Hastings Way, Worcester WR5 1DD
- Warndon Library - Carnforth Dr, Worcester WR4 9HG
- Lyppard Hub - Ankerage Grn, Worcester WR4 0DZ
- St John’s Library - 20 Circus Rd, London NW8 6PD
- The Hive - Camrose Ave, London HA8 6AG
City of Westminster
- Westminster City Hall - ground floor reception, 64 Victoria Street, SW1E 6QP
- Maida Vale Library - Sutherland Avenue, W9 2QT
- Paddington Library - Porchester Road, W2 5DU
- Mayfair Library - 25 South Audley Street, London, W1K 2PB
Kensington and Chelsea
- North Kensington Library - 108 Ladbroke Grove, London W11 1PZ
- Kensington Town Hall - 12 Phillimore Walk, London W8 7RX
- Chelsea Old Town Hall - King’s Rd, London SW3 5EZ
Hammersmith and Fulham
- Hammersmith Library - Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7AT
- Fulham Library - 598 Fulham Rd., London SW6 5NX
- Wandsworth Town Hall - 11 Garratt Ln, London SW18 4AQ
- Balham Library - 16 Ramsden Rd, London SW12 8QY
- Battersea Library - 265 Lavender Hill, London SW11 1JB
- Battersea Park Library - 309 Battersea Park Rd, London SW11 4NF
- Earlsfield Library - 276 Magdalen Rd, London SW18 3NY
- Northcote Library - 155E Northcote Rd, London SW11 6HW
- Putney Library - 5-7 Disraeli Rd, London SW15 2DR
- Roehampton Library -
- Southfields Library - 300 Wimbledon Park Rd, London SW19 6NL
- Tooting Library - 75 Mitcham Rd, London SW17 9PD
- Wandsworth Heritage Service - 265 Lavender Hill, London SW11 1JB
- Wandsworth Town Library - 2 Danebury Ave, London SW15 4HD
- York Gardens Library - 34 Lavender Rd, London SW11 2UG
- Lambeth Town Hall - 1 Brixton Hill, London SW2 1RW
- West Norwood Library - 1-5 Norwood High St, Norwood, London SE27 9JX
- Tate South Lambeth Library - 180 S Lambeth Rd, London SW8 1QP
- Southwark Council offices - 160 Tooley St, London SE1 2QH
- Tower Hamlets Town Hall - 5 Clove Cres, Blackwall, London E14 2BG
- Whitechapel Town Hall - Front Block, London E1 1FR
- Hackney Town Hall - Mare St, London E8 1EA
- Hackney Service Centre - 1 Hillman St, London E8 1DY
- Islington Town Hall - Upper St, London N1 2UD
- Camden Town Library, 218 Eversholt Street, NW1 1BD
- Highgate Library, Chester Road, N19 5DH
- Holborn Library, 32-38 Theobalds Road, WC1X 8PA
- Kentish Town Library, 262- 266 Kentish Town Road NW5 2AA
- Kilburn Library, 12-22 Kilburn High Road NW6 5UH
- Pancras Square Library, 5 Pancras Square, N1C 4AG
- Queens Crescent Library, 165 Queen’s Crescent, NW5 4HH
- Swiss Cottage Library, 88 Avenue Road NW3 3HA
- Brent Civic Centre - Engineers Way, Wembley Park, Wembley HA9 0FJ
- Ealing Road Library - Coronet Parade, Ealing Rd, Wembley HA0 4BA
- Harlesden Library - Craven Park Rd, London NW10 8SE
- Kilburn Library - 42 Salusbury Rd, London NW6 6NN
- Kingsbury Library - Kingsbury Library, Kingsbury Rd, London NW9 9HE
- Wembley Library - 32 Engineers Way, Wembley Park, Wembley HA9 0FJ
- The Library at Willesden Green - 95 High Rd, London NW10 2SF
- Ealing Town Hall - New Broadway London W5 2BY
- Feltham Library - The Centre, High Street, Feltham TW13 4GU
- Feltham Lodge - 40 Harlington Rd W, Feltham TW14 0JJ
- Feltham Assembly Hall - Feltham Park, Hounslow Rd, Feltham TW14 9DN
- Isleworth Public Hall - South St, Isleworth TW7 7BG
- Hounslow Library - Hounslow House, House, 7 Bath Rd, Hounslow TW3 3EB.
- Chiswick Library - 1 Dukes Ave, Chiswick, London W4 2AB.
- Chiswick Town Hall - Heathfield Terrace, Turnham Green, Chiswick, London W4 4JN
- Heston Library - New Heston Road, Hounslow TW5 0LW.
Richmond upon Thames
- York House - Richmond Rd, Twickenham TW1 3AA
- Twickenham Civic Centre - 44 Richmond Rd, Twickenham TW1 3BZ
- Castelnau Library - 75 Castlenau, London SW13 9RT
- East Sheen Library - Sheen Ln, London SW14 8LP
- Ham Library - Ham St, Richmond TW10 7HR
- Hampton Library - Rosehill, Hampton TW12 2AB
- Hampton Hill Library - 68 High St, Hampton Hill, Hampton TW12 1NY
- Hampton Wick Library - Bennet Cl, Hampton Wick, Kingston upon Thames KT1 4AT
- Kew Library - 106 North Rd, Richmond TW9 4HJ
- Richmond Library - Little Grn, Richmond TW9 1QL
- Teddington Library - Waldegrave Rd, Teddington TW11 8NY
- Twickenham Library - Garfield Rd, Twickenham TW1 3JT
- Whitton Library - 141 Nelson Rd, Twickenham TW2 7BB
Kingston upon Thames
- The Guildhall - Kingston upon Thames KT1 1EU
- Surbiton Library - Ewell Rd, Surbiton KT6 6AG
- New Malden Library - Kingston Rd, New Malden KT3 3LY
- Hook Centre - 9 Green End, Hook, Chessington KT9 1AE
- Merton Civic Centre - Civic Centre, London Rd, Morden SM4 5DX
- Sutton Central Library - St Nicholas Way, Sutton SM1 1EA
- Croydon Town Hall - Katharine St, Croydon CR0 1NX
- Bromley Civic Centre - Stockwell Cl, Bromley BR1 3UH
- Biggin Hill Memorial Library - Church Rd, Biggin Hill, Westerham TN16 3LB
- Bromley Central Library - High St, Bromley BR1 1EX
- Orpington Library - The Walnuts Centre, Orpington BR6 0TW
- Beckenham Library - Beckenham Rd, Beckenham BR3 4PE
- The Civic Suite, Catford - Catford Rd, London SE6 9SJ
- Downham Library - 7-9 Moorside Rd, Bromley BR1 5EP
- Deptford Lounge - Deptford Lounge, 9 Giffin St, London SE8 4RJ
- Woolwich Town Hall -
- The Eltham Centre -
- The Greenwich Centre -
- Civic Offices - Watling Street, Bexleyheath
- Havering Town Hall - Wellington St, London SE18 6HQ
- Harold Hill Library - 8ED, 19a Farnham Rd, Romford RM3 8HR
- Rainham Library - Celtic Farm Rd, Rainham RM13 9GP
- Upminster Library - Corbets Tey Rd, Upminster RM14 2AU
- Hornchurch Library - 44 North St, Hornchurch RM11 1TB
Barking and Dagenham
- Barking Town Hall - Town Hall Square, 1 Clockhouse Ave, Barking IG11 7LU
- Dagenham Library - 1 Church Elm Ln, Dagenham RM10 9QS
- Hainault Library - 100 Manford Way, Ilford, Chigwell IG7 4DD
- Central Library - Clements Rd, Ilford IG1 1EA
- Goodmayes Library - 76 Goodmayes Ln, Ilford IG3 9QB
- Wanstead Library - Spratt Hall Rd, London E11 2RQ
- Woodford Green Library - Snakes Ln W, Woodford, Woodford Green IG8 0DX
- Valentines Mansion - Emerson Rd, Ilford IG1 4XA
- Stratford Library - 3 The Grove, Stratford E15 1EL
- East Ham Library - 328 Barking Road, East Ham E6 2RT
- Canning Town Library - 18 Rathbone Market, Barking Road, Canning Town E16 1EH
- Beckton Globe Library - 1 Kingsford Way London E6 5JQ
- Forest Gate Library - 6-8 Woodgrange Road, Forest Gate E7 0QH
- North Woolwich Library - 5 Pier Parade, North Woolwich E16 2LJ
- Manor Park Library - 685-693 Romford Road, London E12 5AD
- Katherine Road Community Centre - 254 Katherine Road, Forest Gate E7 8PN
- Waltham Forest Town Hall -
- George Meehan House - George Meehan House, 294 High Rd, London N22 8JZ
- Tottenham Town Hall - Town Hall Approach Rd, London N15 4RY
- Bruce Castle Museum - Lordship Ln, London N17 8NU
- Wood Green Library - 187-197A High Rd, London N22 6XD
- Alexandra Park Library - Alexandra Park Rd, London N22 7UJ
- Coombes Croft Library - 4 High Rd, London N17 8AG
- Highgate Library - 1 Shepherds Hl, London N6 5QJ
- Hornsey Library - Haringey Park, London N8 9JA
- Marcus Garvey Library - 1 Philip Ln, London N15 4JA
- Muswell Hill Library - Queens Ave, Muswell Hill, London N10 3PE
- St Ann’s Library - Cissbury Rd, London N15 5PU
- Stroud Green and Harringay Library - Green and Harringay Library, Quernmore Rd, Stroud N4 4QR
- Enfield Civic Centre - Silver St, Enfield EN1 3XA
- Edmonton Green Library - 36-44 South Mall, London N9 0TN
- Ordnance Road Unity Library - 645 Hertford Rd, Enfield EN3 6ND
- Palmers Green Library - Broomfield Ln, London N13 4EY
- Hendon Town Hall - The Burroughs, London NW4 4BG
- Harrow Civic Centre - Station Rd, Harrow HA1 2XY
- Hillingdon Town Hall - High St, Uxbridge UB8 9ST
What will happen after the Books of Condolence have been signed?
Per the wishes of the Royal Family, the local Books of Condolence will not be sent to the Royal Archive, however they will be stored in an archive locally in each borough of London.
Is there a way I can sign the Books of Condolence without travelling?
The official website of the Royal Family has opened up a virtual Book of Condolences for those who are unable to travel to the locations in London, or in their respective locations.
A selection of these messages will be passed onto members of the Royal Family, and may be held in the Royal Archives for posterity.
Nationalworld have also opened their own Book of Condolence for The Queen, where reads can pay their own tributes to Her Majesty.
Where can I leave flowers in tribute to Queen Elizabeth II?
Those wishing to pay tribute at Royal Residencies have been advised by the Royal Family’s website of the following guidelines:
Members of the public will be guided to lay floral tributes at dedicated sites in The Green Park or Hyde Park. Flowers left outside the gates of Buckingham Palace will be moved to The Green Park Floral Tribute Garden by The Royal Parks. Further guidance will be issued by The Royal Parks.
Floral tributes can be left at Cambridge Gate on the Long Walk. These flowers will be brought inside the Castle every evening, and placed on the Castle Chapter grass on the south side of St George’s Chapel and Cambridge Drive.
Members of the public are encouraged to leave floral tributes at the Norwich Gates.
Floral tributes can be left at the Main Gate.
Palace of Holyroodhouse
Members of the public are encouraged to give floral tributes to the Wardens at the entrance to The Queen’s Gallery. Those flowers will be laid on the Forecourt grass in front of the North Turret of the Palace.
Floral tributes may be laid on the Castle Forecourt, in front of the main gates.