Greenwich is, like many areas of the capital, full of top restaurants, takeaways and cafes to treat yourself in. Trying to decide where to drop in can be tough and it feels as though you might never be able to make your mind up.
One way in which you can help to narrow down your search is through the Food Hygiene ratings given to establishments each month. These are refreshed monthly and will allow you to check out the very best places to eat in your local area.
Here are the latest restaurants, takeaways and cafes in Greenwich to be given the full five stars in their food hygiene inspections in December 2022, according to data published by the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
From swanky restaurants to hospital canteens, local authority food inspectors will visit any premise in the area that prepares, provides or distributes food and report their findings to the FSA. Every few years, the inspectors check the handling, management and preparation of food, storage and the cleanliness of facilities and then give the premises a rating from 0 to 5.
In Greenwich, the top ratings have been handed out to an array of food establishments. Ranging from church cafes to asian food, the full details are collected right here.
The food ratings are broken down into the following categories:
- 5 – hygiene standards are very good;
- 4 – hygiene standards are good;
- 3 – hygiene standards are generally satisfactory;
- 2 – some improvement is necessary;
- 1 – major improvement is necessary;
- 0 – urgent improvement is required.
If a restaurant or cafe has had a poor review, they do not need to display the rating but are encouraged to do so by the FSA.
Food hygiene ratings in Greenwich
LondonWorld has dived into the latest FSA data to see how local restaurants and takeaways performed last month. Here we reveal the Greenwich restaurants, takeaways and cafes which were given top marks in December 2022.
- Aimen’s Sushi- 94 Trafalgar Road, SE10 9UW
- Flavoured Coffee Stall- Greenwich Covered Market
- Teriyaki Ya- 5B Greenwich Market, SE10 9HZ
- Tasty African- 34 Thomas Street, SE18 6HT
- Mummy Pho Cafe- 32 Spray Street, SE18 6AG
- Duck Duck Pork- Unit 2 125 Powis Street, SE18 6JL
- Greenwich Theatre- Greenwich Theatre Crooms Hill, SE10 8ES
- Deeper Life Bible Church Open Arms- St Mary Magdalene Church, SE18 5AR
- Five Rivers Bar and Grill- 35 The Slade, SE18 2NB
- Star Banqueting Star Express- 39-43 Hare Street, SE18 6NE
- Admiral Casino- Denning House, SE18 6HA
- Roosters Piri Piri- 5 Old Stable Row, SE18 6JR