Chelsea 'ready to take loss' on 2023 signing as Tottenham approach not ruled out

Getty Images
All the latest news and transfer news surrounding Chelsea and Tottenham as pre-season preparations continue.

Chelsea and Tottenham will already be hard at work preparing for the new season, with non-international players already back on the grass and beginning pre-season training. We have already seen plenty of incomings at Stamford Bridge, with Enzo Maresca hitting the ground running with his transfer business.

Kiernan Dewsbury Hall, Omari Kellyman and others have all been snapped up, while Tottenham have landed Archie Gray and Lucas Bergvall so far. As both clubs continue their respective bids to land new players, we have rounded up all the latest news and transfer rumours surrounding both clubs.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Spurs and Neto latest

Tottenham could still make a move for Wolves star Pedro Neto, according to journalist Ben Jacobs, with the Midlands side determined to keep the winger.

“The plan is to keep Pedro Neto, but it would be a surprise if between now and the end of the window Spurs don’t make some approach to test the waters there,” Jacobs said. “With PSG it’s just a discussion, they’re talking about other targets. I think there is a concrete possibility that Spurs come calling.”

Wolves boss Gary O’Neill has previously said of Neto: “I don’t know how he’ll feel if or when an offer comes from a big club, obviously it can turn your head, but at this moment in time, if we told him there’s no offers coming in and he’ll be at Wolves next season, he’d be absolutely fine with that.”

Having been linked with a move away from Wolves in January, Neto has previously spoken about how much he loves it at Molineux. “I want to say that I am here and I will help everyone,” he told The Telegraph. “I love the club and everybody here, I have always felt that it has given a lot to me.“I’m enjoying the moment here so I will continue to do that. The future and long-term ambitions don’t matter. We will never go down in any situation, we are here to win and fight. I feel really good at the moment and hope to continue.”

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Chelsea to take a loss

Chelsea are reportedly considering the sale of Benoit Badiashile after just a year, reportedly ready to cut their losses on the centre-back. Juventus are set to miss out on a deal to sign Riccardo Calafiori this summer amid serious interest from Arsenal.

CalcioMercato now say Juventus could turn to Badiashile, and it is being claimed Chelsea could take a loss on their investment after spending around £32million on the Frenchman last summer. It’s claimed he could now be sold for between £29million and £30million.

Cucurella boos

Chelsea star Marc Cucurella has been one of the most impressive players at Euro 2024, consistently delivering strong displays for Spain at left-back. The full-back was superb again as La Roja secured a comeback win over France in the semi-finals on Tuesday night, and he received boos aplenty from Germany fans in the stadium.

Germany fans felt a handball should have been given against Cucurella in the quarter-finals, but even a UEFA review of the decision confirmed that it was correct. Speaking about the boos after the game, Spain boss Luis de la Fuente said: “No I don’t know why they booed him to be honest. I have no idea. But the only thing they did was to motivate him. He’s a great professional, a really mature player, and he knew how to overcome the pressure.”

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.