The Queen will not attend a Remembrance Sunday ceremony at the Cenotaph in central London after suffering a “strained back”, Buckingham Palace has said.
“The Queen, having sprained her back, has decided this morning with great regret that she will not be able to attend today’s Remembrance Sunday Service at the Cenotaph,” the palace said in a statement.
Prince Charles will lay a wreath at the Cenotaph on behalf of the Queen, a duty he has carried out in recent years.
The 95 year-old monarch had been due to attend the event at the Cenotaph, albeit as a spectator from nearby balcony in the Home Office building.
It is the third planned public appearance the Queen has had to cancel in the last four weeks.
In October, the Queen was unable to attend an event marking the 100th anniversary of Northern Ireland in county Armagh.
The Queen was also due to attend COP26 in Glasgow but in preparation for Remembrance Sunday she rested at home and addressed the conference via video message.