34 Greater London parks shortlisted for UK’s Favourite Parks 2022 - how to vote for your favourite
London has 34 parks nominated for the UK Favourite Park Award, with locations such as Feltham and Wimbledon in with a chance of winning
Thirty four of London’s finest parks have been nominated for the UK’s Favourite Park awards.
The full list of UK nominees has been released with Greater London featuring prominently on the Fields In Trust group’s shortlist.
Fields in Trust is an independent charity with over 90 years’ experience protecting parks and green spaces.
The award was first given out in 2015, and three parks have won the title since its launch. They are: Stanley Park in Blackpool (2017, 2019), Telford Town Park (2015) and Rouken Glen Park in Glasgow (2015).
Which London parks have been nominated?
Thirty four parks have a chance of winning, with many of the nominations being well known in the capital.
Many of the parks are located in Haringey such as the Lordship Recreation Ground and the Woodside Park.
A lot of the parks nominated are well reviewed on Tripadvisor.
Lordship Recreation Ground
A review for the Lordship Recreation Ground on Tripadvisor says: “I would highly recommend a visit to the Lordship Rec. Not only is it a huge space perfect for walking, cycling, running, football etc. but it also has a lovely community hub, a bike park, a skate park and many other facilities.”
Boston Manor Park
A five star review of the Boston Manor Park in Hounslow is labelled ‘Great Park’ and goes on to say: “Great park for children has around 25 spaces for parking. It does get busy. Around 4 disabled parking spaces. Fee is cheap for parking. There is a caged football bit, children’s play area, a nice cosy cafe,tennis courts, an outdoor gym area and a pond to feed ducks. There is a historic house that is interesting only open certain times so check before you go. Worth a visit”
All 34 London parks shortlisted for UK’s Favourite Park 2022
- Bedfont Lakes Country Park, Clockhouse Lane, Feltham
- Boston Manor Park, Hounslow, London
- Cannon Hill Common, Cannon Hill Lane, Merton
- Wimbledon Park, Wimbledon
- Blondin Park, Ealing
- Coronations Gardens (Southfields), Wandsworth
- Pinner Village Gardens, Harrow
- Winsford Gardens Open Space, Bromley
- Brockwell Park, Dulwich Road, Lambeth
- Vauxhall Park, Lambeth
- Myatts Fields Park, Calais Street, Lambeth
- Brunswick Park, Benhill Road, Southwark
- Chislehurst and St Paul’s Cray Commons, Bromley, London
- Manor House Gardens, Taunton Road, Lewisham
- Golders Hill Park, Barnet
- Sutcliffe Park, Greenwich
- Hervey Road Sports Field, Greenwich
- Foxham Gardens, Islington
- Weavers Fields, Vallance Road, Tower Hamlets
- Clissold Park, Green Lanes, Hackney
- Stationers Park, Mayfield Road, Crouch End
- Victoria Park (Tower Hamlets), Grove Road, Tower Hamlets
- Oliver Tambo Recreation Ground, Haringey
- Springfield Park, Hackney
- Millfields Park, Chatsworth Road, Lower Clapton
- Downhills Park, Haringey
- Woodside Park, Woodside Road, Haringey
- Lordship Recreation Ground, Haringey
- West Ham Park, Newham
- Broomfield Park, Aldermans Hill, Enfield
- Bruce Castle Park, Lordship Lane, Haringey
- Lesnes Abbey Woods, Abbey Road, Belvedere
- Grovelands Park, Queen Elizabeth’s Drive, Enfield
- Firs Farm Wetlands Park & Playing Fields, Enfield
How do I vote for my favourite park in London?
Voting is now open and can be done on the official Fields in Trust website.
You have until noon on Thursday 18 August 2022 to vote for your favourite park.